Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is in collaboration with Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is looking for:
Associate Specialist, Resource Development and Partnerships
CIFOR’s Resource Development and Partnerships Team (RDP), leads the organization’s global efforts for identifying and securing financial support for CIFOR to carry out its mission and work in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
To further develop CIFOR’s ability to achieve and maintain a stable and flexible mix of revenue sources, the Team is looking to recruit an Associate Specialist. The result will be a larger number of CIFOR scientists learning to effectively communicate the importance and impact of CIFOR’s research to existing and potential funding partners.
Summary of responsibilities
- Coordinate and cultivate relationships with major funding partners and prospects, by hosting funding partner visits to CIFOR’s headquarters in Indonesia or organizing delegations to funding partner offices, with particular attention to those based in Indonesia and across Asia;
- Train and mentor scientists to effectively communicate the value and impact of their work, both orally and through proposal writing, to major current funding partners and prospects; though on-site workshops and e-learning courses;
- Working closely with CIFOR’s Outreach, Communication, Outreach and Engagement (COE) team, increase visibility of CIFOR’s work and outreach to major current funding partners and prospects;
- Manage and capitalize on CIFOR’s internal Knowledge and Information Platform on Resource Development (built in 2014) to build staff capacity and skills.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Degree in business administration, international relations, communications, science writing or a related field;
- Several years of demonstrated and progressive experience in resource mobilization;
- Expert knowledge in producing high-quality communications and materials across a range of mediums for funding partners;
- Experience in mentoring and training staff on resource mobilization;
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the international funding landscape for international development organizations, such as CIFOR;
- Citizenship of an EU member state is required.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Willing to travel in Indonesia and internationally;
- Able to work effectively with minimal day-to-day supervision;
- Perfect fluency in English. Proficiency in English (command of French, Spanish or German an advantage; knowledge of other languages an asset).
Terms and conditions
- Candidate must prioritize and complete a variety of tasks with little supervision in an international environment;
- Cooperation with other development cooperation organisations is essential;
- Professional preparation for your assignment abroad is required;
- Two-year initial local employment contract; contract may be extended on an annual basis after completion of the first two-year term;
- Attractive monthly top-up payments in addition to local salary and social benefits;
- The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 22 July 2016;
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidate