The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Director – Internal Audit (AuditAsia) – IRRI
As chief internal audit executive of AuditAsia, the Director is responsible for setting the strategy on internal audit activities so that audit work conforms to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors and adopted by the CGIAR.
Location: The position will be hosted at the headquarters of one of the AuditAsia member centres (Colombo, Sri Lanka; Bogor, Indonesia; or Los Baños, Philippines).
- Implement a risk based internal audit program approved by the relevant centre Board, and coordinating the internal and external audit efforts to ensure adequate and cost-effective risk based audit coverage, and minimize duplicate audit efforts;
- Establish professional and administrative policies and procedures to guide the Unit staff and, in relation to professional auditing practice, the internal auditors hired directly by the Centers if relevant;
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance program to evaluate internal audit operations and performance including periodic independent external evaluations;
- Undertake audit assignments within agreed work programs of the Unit’s clients, particularly those more complex and sensitive in nature;
- Collaborate with, and provide counsel to the Centre management and Boards, and the CGIAR Internal Audit Unit in respect of Tier 1 fees.
- University level relevant academic qualification; CIA or an appropriate Chartered Accountancy/CPA qualification mandatory; CISA, CISM, CFE, and corporate governance qualifications desirable.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in planning, conducting and managing internal or external audits; investigations; and/or studies and consultancies related to corporate governance, risk management, organizational development, internal controls and compliance systems, with a significant portion of that experience at an executive level.
For complete job details and to submit application, please check our website www.jobs.irri.org
or click this direct link: www.irri.org
AuditAsia seeks to be diverse, reflecting the global nature of the organizations it provides services to.
AuditAsia is being created as a shared service to provide internal audit services to CGIAR centres headquartered in Asia. Initial members are: Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
International Water Management Institute (IWMI)