The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
Director – Internal Audit (AuditAsia) – IRRI
As chief internal audit executive of AuditAsia, the Director is responsible for setting the strategy on internal audit activities so that audit work conforms to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors and adopted by the CGIAR.
Location: The position will be hosted at the headquarters of one of the AuditAsia member centres (Colombo, Sri Lanka; Bogor, Indonesia; or Los Baños, Philippines).
- Implement a risk based internal audit program approved by the relevant centre Board, and coordinating the internal and external audit efforts to ensure adequate and cost-effective risk based audit coverage, and minimize duplicate audit efforts;
- Establish professional and administrative policies and procedures to guide the Unit staff and, in relation to professional auditing practice, the internal auditors hired directly by the Centers if relevant;
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance program to evaluate internal audit operations and performance including periodic independent external evaluations;
- Undertake audit assignments within agreed work programs of the Unit’s clients, particularly those more complex and sensitive in nature;
- Collaborate with, and provide counsel to the Centre management and Boards, and the CGIAR Internal Audit Unit in respect of Tier 1 fees.
- University level relevant academic qualification; CIA or an appropriate Chartered Accountancy/CPA qualification mandatory; CISA, CISM, CFE, and corporate governance qualifications desirable.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in planning, conducting and managing internal or external audits; investigations; and/or studies and consultancies related to corporate governance, risk management, organizational development, internal controls and compliance systems, with a significant portion of that experience at an executive level.
For complete job details and to submit application, please check our website www.jobs.irri.org
or click this direct link: www.irri.org
AuditAsia seeks to be diverse, reflecting the global nature of the organizations it provides services to.
AuditAsia is being created as a shared service to provide internal audit services to CGIAR centres headquartered in Asia. Initial members are: Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
International Water Management Institute (IWMI)