The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Consultant to design monitoring and evaluation indicators for the implementation of Payments for Forest Environmental Services
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with the Vietnam Forest and Delta project (VFD) and Son La Forest Protection and Development Fund (Son La FPDF) has a project to develop indicators for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for the implementation of Payments for Forest Environmental Services in Son La, Vietnam.
Duties and responsibilities
- To collaborate with CIFOR scientists and partners from VFD and Son La FPDF to develop indicators for the M&E system in Son La
- To participate in field work as required
- To lead the first draft of the project report and participate in the process of report writing.
Education, knowledge and experience
• PhD degree in environmental, socio-economic or other social sciences.
• 10 years of research experience
• Experience in Payments for Forest Environmental Services scheme in Vietnam and the M&E system
• Knowledge of policy making processes
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
• Vietnamese citizen is required
Terms and Conditions
• This is a consultancy position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The consultant is expected to submit the first draft of the report by 30 November 2017.
• The working location will be in Hanoi, Vietnam.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Apr-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.