The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Team Support Assistant
There is demand to set up an electronic filing and archiving system that enables the storage of all relevant financial information and that donors can access during their verification exercises. To comply with this requirement, CIFOR acquired the Infor Document Management System. All of CIFOR’s financial information will be stored in this system. The electronic files and archives can also be accessed during the audits conducted by external and internal auditors. These electronic files can also be sent to donors who ask for copies of receipts and other supporting documents.
This position will maintain the digital archives of all financial transactions in the system. The archives will include documents such as payment vouchers, journal vouchers and other supporting documents.
The position will also assist the General Accounting Unit in encoding payments on the online banking systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scan supporting documents (invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, goods receipts, expenses claims receipts, etc.) for the Payment and Journal Vouchers.
- Upload the scanned copies into the Infor Document Management (IDM) system.
- Encode the wire transfer instructions in the Bank of America (BOA), Permata Bank and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) online systems.
- Prepare manual payment instructions.
- Obtain authorized signers’ approvals for the payment vouchers.
- Ensure the completeness of the signatories in the payment vouchers and instructions.
- Fax the manual instructions to banks.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Diploma Graduate (D-3) – Secretarial/Office Administration
• 1–2 years of experience in secretarial work and/or administration
• proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• working knowledge of office equipment (scanners, printers, fax machines).
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• is competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and to manage multiple priorities
• has initiative, is capable of working independently and is an effective team player
• has good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
• The job may require the staff member to work beyond normal working hours or during weekends in case there are urgent tasks to complete.
To apply, please visit our career site at:
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at:
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Mar-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.