The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Senior Systems Analyst
The Information Systems Team is responsible for maintaining and developing all internal information systems for CIFOR and has the mandate to make sure the business processes in CIFOR run seamlessly through systems integration. This mandate requires the Senior Systems Analyst to lead and manage the development and support of operational activities to ensure that CIFOR business processes, supported by Information Systems, run to their maximum capacity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in project scoping process discussions with process owners to establish the necessary requirements;
- Together with the Information Systems Team Leader, build the project plan as part of the project scoping exercise;
- Lead the systems analysis and process design and system development in new projects or the enhancement of existing systems, together with the System Analyst, based on the project scoping document;
- Prepare the Software Development Plan as part of the Information Systems Standards in developing solutions;
- Play the role of project manager in new projects and the enhancement of existing systems;
- Conduct progress meetings with process owners for systems development activities;
- Lead testing sessions based on the scenarios indicated in the approved requirement documents, for the creation of new and enhanced systems;
- Update any release note to capture the latest capabilities of each information system, especially in-house developed systems,
- Monitor the live databases and servers, and work with the IT team to resolve issues in the server area;
- Back-up strategy of both live and development databases;
- Deploy solutions for the live environment, new systems and enhancement of existing systems;
- Assist the Information Systems Team Leader in the day-to-day management of third-party suppliers to ensure Service Level Agreement’s and targets are met;
- Follow CIFOR’s Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies when developing systems;
- Review and follow-up development tasks on a daily basis; and
- Work closely with programmers to ensure project scopes are fully delivered.
Education, knowledge and experience
Degree in Information Technology or related field with at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in the area of project management, systems analysis and application development
Experience in applying project management and Systems Development Life Cycle methodology in application development projects
Experience in building IT solutions using Microsoft development environment (Microsoft .NET Framework, Visual Studio)
Experience in managing Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2 database and Sharepoint Server 2010
IT-Project Manager certification, especially in Project Management Body of Knowledge, would be an advantage
Experience in managing a Microsoft Team Foundation Server, K2 certification in both Development and Server Management and/or Project Management would be an advantage
Experience in K2 Workflow Solutions would be an advantage
Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Indonesian
Personal Attributes and Competencies
Strong analytical and leadership skills
Good personal organization and priority setting capabilities
Initiative and the capability to work independently as well as effectively in a team
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work and interact with people effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
Ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to work under pressure
Willing to work outside office hours if required
Terms and Conditions
This is a Nationally, Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of six months probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
The application deadline is 31 October 2016
Short-listed candidates will be required to take a technical test.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 Oct-2016
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.