The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
General Call for Applications – Consultant Roster
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 CGIAR Consortium research centers. Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
Duties and responsibilities
Education, knowledge and experience
• Holds degree(s) in relevant background as required.
• Fluent spoken and written English. Ability in one or more international language(s) is an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience working in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams, in a non-profit organization will be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
Terms and Conditions
Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
Application processNo Application deadline.
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.