The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
Project Management Support Officer
Under the supervision of the Team Leader – Program Management and Coordination (PMC), the Project Management Support Officer will provide effective and efficient administrative support for and monitoring of CIFOR’s project management systems and databases. This will require substantial initiative and judgment, as well as collaboration with CIFOR staff at all levels.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Oversee, manage, implement and monitor the Project Management Systems:
• Work closely with Senior Project Officers managing research teams to ensure accurate status update of deliverables and reporting, including from partners, to funders in the CIFOR project management system
• Manage some of the project management approval processes assigned under the responsibility of Program Management and Coordination (PMC)
• Oversee the compliance of project management processes with CIFOR policies and requirements
• Work closely with Team Leader – PMC and Information System (IS) team in the design and implementation of project management initiatives and systems for continuous improvement of project management workflows
• Monitor the performance and flow of all project management processes and systems, ensuring efficiency and accuracy
• Take the lead in liaising with Information System to manage operational project management-related issues raised by end users
• Provide support and guidance to Senior Project Officers, Team Support Assistants, Regional Administrators and Project Managers for all project management processes
• Prepare reports from the PMS database when required.
2. Other duties
• Analyze and report to Team Leader – PMC on CIFOR’s performance measures, such as:
– Efficiency of meeting donor reporting timelines (monthly)
– Staff and systems performance (turnaround time)
• Provide back-up support to the Team Leader – PMC as necessary
• Assist with other related responsibilities within PMC, as required.
Details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and detailed in the annual performance contract.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields is required. Master’s degree preferable
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, good understanding of financial management and human resources procedures.
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Competent in organizing work and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Show initiative, be capable of working effectively independently as well as part of a team
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals
• Proactive, target driven and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience,
• The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive 6 months probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources,
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 14 Jun-2016
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.