Industry plays an important role in the sustainable management of forests in the Asia-Pacific region. Opportunities abound for industry both in the sustainable use of forest resources, and for investments in forest conservation and restoration. A range of industry-led initiatives are seizing these opportunities in the Asia-Pacific. This session at the 2016 Asia-Pacific Rainforest Summit discussed current initiatives by the private sector, the different business cases for conservation and restoration, how to monitor and report on progress and opportunities, and challenges to scaling-up these initiatives.
· Martijn Wilder, Partner, Baker & McKenzie
· Aida Greenbury, Managing Director, Sustainability and Stakeholder Engagement, Asia Pulp & Paper
· MaryKate Bullen, Associate Director, Sustainability & Communications, New Forests
· Dharsono Hartono, President Director of PT Rimba Makmur Utama
· Perpetua George, Assistant General Manager, Group Sustainability, Wilmar International
Leaders in public, private and community sectors from across the region joined the 2016 Asia-Pacific Rainforest Summit, held from 3-5 August in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
To learn more, visit the event website: http://www.cifor.org/asia-pacific-rai…